Not Ashamed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Not Ashamed

The JM8, SBB and Not Ashamed forums.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How long has everyone been Christians?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
_Aymz_
Admin
_Aymz_

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-06-18

How long has everyone been Christians? Empty
PostSubject: How long has everyone been Christians?   How long has everyone been Christians? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:06 am

I was bought up in a Christian family, but only became a real, 100% Christian at Spring Harvest this year.

What about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
Rach
Admin
Rach

Female Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: How long has everyone been Christians?   How long has everyone been Christians? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:42 am

i was also brought up as a christian, bt i didn't really properly believe till i was 5, and then it wud be really strong after springy 4 a few months and die away and so on, bt this yr was different!!!! after springy i have stayed very strong in da faith bcuz of da forums!!!!! its been very helpful!!!! Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jm8rocks
drumma-nix

drumma-nix

Female Number of posts : 185
Where you live : Plymouth (on South West coast - tis b-e-a-utiful!)

PostSubject: Re: How long has everyone been Christians?   How long has everyone been Christians? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 11:34 am

same.

i've grown up in a christian family - with my dad being the minister at our church. @ springy each yar, i'b b like 'wahay! full of the spirit' then i'd get home and it'd all b different (cos then it was only my family and another family going from church). but the past couple of years have been different. last year, my m8 had a problem with her back/leg and was in a wheelchair/on crutches... but on the 3rd(?) night, it got healed and she didn't use the wheelchair/crutches for the rest of the week! i stayed stroger for longer than usual when we got back, but i did kind-of slip away a bit. then, this year, i enjoyed myself so much! and about 2 wks before i went, i found the springy forums, which have kept me going ever since i got back. a couple of my firneds who went springy kinda slip away wen they get back, nd they go back to swearing a bit (i dunno whether it's so they fit in, or just because they have nothing better to say). but i'm trying to break them out of the habit!

i'm still not sure if it's completely for real... but i'm certainly livin' it at the moment! i may even start thinking about being baptised!!!

i find that there's always something that you like that keeps you going, and helps you build up/carry on with your faith... for me, it's songwriting (you may've seen the song me nd ma m8 wrote, and the one i wrote the other day). i find it a great way to portray what things really mean to me!
Back to top Go down
http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=15506116
_Aymz_
Admin
_Aymz_

PostSubject: Re: How long has everyone been Christians?   How long has everyone been Christians? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 11:37 am

wow cool! i felt so alive after springy 06, but then it kind of slipt away, then something kindof clicked at springy 07 and I'm not gonna let go of it!
Back to top Go down
drumma-nix

drumma-nix

PostSubject: Re: How long has everyone been Christians?   How long has everyone been Christians? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 12:06 pm

ye, dont let go.
there's this amazin song from springy (many reasons y i remember it but cant be bothered 2 explain) and it goes a little like this:

oh no, you never let go, through the calm and through the storm,
oh no, you never let go, in every high and every low,
oh no, you never let go, Lord you never let go of me.

jus brought this up cos of ur comment bout not letting go.
Back to top Go down
Rach
Admin
Rach

Female Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: How long has everyone been Christians?   How long has everyone been Christians? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 2:16 pm

ace!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jm8rocks
_Aymz_
Admin
_Aymz_

PostSubject: Re: How long has everyone been Christians?   How long has everyone been Christians? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 12:12 am

I LOVE that song! I'll have to go 'shopping' on iTunes soon!
Back to top Go down
drumma-nix

drumma-nix

PostSubject: Re: How long has everyone been Christians?   How long has everyone been Christians? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 7:04 am

ye gud idea!
Back to top Go down
_Aymz_
Admin
_Aymz_

PostSubject: Re: How long has everyone been Christians?   How long has everyone been Christians? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 11:02 am

Yeah lol. Need to make a shopping list! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long has everyone been Christians?   How long has everyone been Christians? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How long has everyone been Christians?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Not Ashamed :: Not Ashamed :: Not Ashamed-
Jump to: